Chocolate Poisoning in pets
As we all know chocolate poisoning is a serious risk to pets throughout they year, especially over the Easter period. We see case after case of chocolate poisoning at both AAE locations during this time, and wanted to emphasise the importance of identifying and treating this issue quickly and effectively.
There are some key systoms of chocolate poisoning that your clients need to look out for that include;
- Inappetence and excessive thirst
Your clients have a window of approximately 15 to 60 minutes after their pets ingest any chocolate to seek urgent veterinarian attention. Treat chocolate poisoning involves inducing vomitting, and providing the pet with supportive therapy in hospital in their recovery period.
Aortic Thrombosis In Canines
14 Feb | General News
We are aware of the commonly devastating effects of blood clots and aortic thromboembolism in our feline patients however less commonly we may encounter aortic thrombotic disease in dogs.